Suggestion abt the certification

Make suggestions regarding the DSX site or the Forum

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

ArndW wrote:I got my ID for Pearson and (not surprisingly) the exam for DataStage is still airware - nothing in the IBM section about it at all.
Best of luck for your exams :D
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

It would be embarrassing if I failed - I'd lose my free membership here and couldn't go out in public without putting on a fake beard, fake hair and a pronounced fake limp. Even then somebody would see me, point and shout out "Ha, Ha - look at the loser who flunked his PX exam!".

I sent a letter to Pearson asking them about the examination and will post the response here.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I think your could add to your resume "Uncertifiable DataStage Programmer". I would definitely need to study after getting a couple of the sample questions wrong. Am I the only person here who has never heard of dssearch?
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

ArndW wrote:I got my ID for Pearson and (not surprisingly) the exam for DataStage is still airware - nothing in the IBM section about it at all.
Did you try prometric? Datastage certification is listed there.

--Balaji S.R
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

I signed up with prometric and it seems that they WILL let me schedule a test; so perhaps it exists already after all. The only date that the local center offers this month is this Friday - I'm going to have to check out why the dates and times are so limited, and then I'll schedule and study up. Don't know why I'm doing this... perhaps it's like climbers who, when asked why they take the risks, state "because it's there!".
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I rang Prometric in Sydney, test has been available since Jan 27, A few ibmers have been on it, aus$237 fee.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

vmcburney wrote:I think your could add to your resume "Uncertifiable DataStage Programmer". I would definitely need to study after getting a couple of the sample questions wrong. Am I the only person here who has never heard of dssearch?
Mentioned in Release notes but not much descriptive.
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Sorry Arnd, I just booked mine for Thursday! Had four Melbourne test sites to choose from and one of them had tests all Thursday. See the official IBM correspondence announcing the test in my latest blog.

Will blog on my success or failure in the exam tomorrow.
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

All the best to you and Arnd.

--Balaji S.R
sanjay
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sanjay »

Hi
any one has course material for
Test 415: IBM WebSphere IIS DataStage Enterprise Edition v7.5 Test

Thanks

Sanjay

balajisr wrote:All the best to you and Arnd.

--Balaji S.R
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Sanjay,

The certification program commenced only 15 days ago. I doubt anyone will have course material for it. You need to attend IBM training classes to get it.

--Balaji S.R
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Just look at the sample and additional information on these pages to get information about the examination. I think that is all the material there is to date.
Sunshine2323
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Sunshine2323 »

Hi All,

I found the following info on http://www-03.ibm.com/certify/certs/iisdwsdev75.shtml

Approximate # of questions: 79
Duration in minutes: 105
Required Passing Score: 75

Does this mean that we have to get 75 questions right out of 79 :shock: or we should score 75% to pass the test :roll:
Warm Regards,
Amruta Bandekar

<b>If A equals success, then the formula is: A = X + Y + Z, X is work. Y is play. Z is keep your mouth shut. </b>
--Albert Einstein
balajisr
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by balajisr »

Should be 75% else the person who has set the question paper only can pass.

--Balaji S.R
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

My reading - if your transcription is correct - is that you need to pass 75 out of 79. There is no % sign anywhere in what you posted.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.