REG: Exporting Of Stage Types...

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Vinodanand
Premium Member
Premium Member

REG: Exporting Of Stage Types...

Post by Vinodanand »

Hi,

In the Datastage manager there is an option to export stage types. Assume i'm going to move my projects to a different server what i would like to know is if the target server does not have a stage which the source server has and if i export the stage types with my project will the stage plugin get installed in my target server , If not what is the use of exporting Stage Types...
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi Vinodanand,

Please use the Help provided in Data Stage Client, Pasted what was available from the DS help

Stage types. The chosen plug-in definitions are exported. (The Export option does not handle the associated plug-in DLLs. To deploy a plug-in, you must use the Packager Wizard instead.)

If you use the Packager Wizard when the Jobs have been realeased then you also get only the Plug in DLLs along with the Jobs.

So if your moving from one server to another, you definetly need to install the necessary Data Stage Plug in's.

Hope the above helps.

With Regards
mahesh