IDOCs generation performance is very slow

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

myotoo
Participant

IDOCs generation performance is very slow

Post by myotoo »

Hi All,

I'm using IDOCs stage SAP R/3 v.5.1 and datastage version 7.1. The IDOCs generation process is performing very slow like it is taking 3 days for 66,000 records.

Please advise.

Thx

M
MaheshKumar Sugunaraj
Participant

Post by MaheshKumar Sugunaraj »

Hi,

Could you please give some information regarding the load procedure you are following. We use IDoc Load Stage to load data into the SAP environment,Just from your question please do the following:

1. Once you go to the Properties of the IDoc Load Stages you have a tab called "IDoc Type" in which you need to set the "IDOC Load Packet Size", normally it is advisable to pass values which is equal to or less than 100, anything more than 100 actually delays the loading.

2. Please make sure with the SAP administartor regarding the RFC connections with respect to the SAP Environment.

Hope the above helps.

I have posted a couple of questions regarding the SAP R3 Pack but have'nt got a good response for it,

With Regards
M
myotoo
Participant

Post by myotoo »

Hi MaheshKumar,

Now we change Packet Size to 50 and performance is much better. Thanks for your advice.

Cheers,

M

[quote="MaheshKumar Sugunaraj"]Hi,

Could you please give some information regarding the load procedure you are following. We use IDoc Load Stage to load data into the SAP environment,Just from your question please do the following:

1. Once you go to the Properties of the IDoc Load Stages you have a tab called "IDoc Type" in which you need to set the "IDOC Load Packet Size", normally it is advisable to pass values which is equal to or less than 100, anything more than 100 actually delays the loading.

2. Please make sure with the SAP administartor regarding the RFC connections with respect to the SAP Environment.

Hope the above helps.

I have posted a couple of questions regarding the SAP R3 Pack but have'nt got a good response for it,

With Regards
M[/quote]