error reading server reports and dat files

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Jahnavi
Participant

error reading server reports and dat files

Post by Jahnavi »

Hi

I am new to Quality stage. Please help me out.

I am running a quality stage standardization job. It ran successfully. But when I try to view the results using "Server Reports and Data files", I get an error: "Fill Grid Unix: Object Variable or With Block Variable not set(91)" I have done a search in dsxchange. People seem to have got such errors in data stage but not quality stage. Can you explain what this error is and how can i get rid of it?

Thanks
JJ
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

This one isn't your fault; it's a programming error in the client software. You may be able to get a fix from your vendor. The error is in programming using the grid control that is used to get the report from the UNIX machine and read it.

Meanwhile you can use a text editor capable of wide lines (I like UltraEdit) to read the file from the server machine.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jahnavi
Participant

Post by Jahnavi »

Thanks Ray! We shall contact the vendor. Do you know if they have a fix for the problem?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Alas, I don't know whether they have a fix. Have you formally reported this problem via your support provider?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jahnavi
Participant

Post by Jahnavi »

ray.wurlod wrote:Alas, I don't know whether they have a fix. Have you formally reported this problem via your support provider?
We will be reporting shortly. We have other problems also. Thanks for your help though.
ashok
Participant

Re: error reading server reports and dat files

Post by ashok »

Jahnavi wrote:Hi

I am new to Quality stage. Please help me out.

I am running a quality stage standardization job. It ran successfully. But when I try to view the results using "Server Reports and Data files", I get an error: "Fill Grid Unix: Object Variable or With Block Variable not set(91)" I have done a search in dsxchange. People seem to have got such errors in data stage but not quality stage. Can you explain what this error is and how can i get rid of it?

Thanks
JJ
Hi Jahnavi,

There is one way to come out of this error, delete all files created in Unix box by Quality Stage when you run this job and rerun the job, don't delete ARDS folder and input file.