DS_JOBS

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Andet
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by Andet »

I've never successfully entered the shell using uv, I always use uvsh. If I just key in uv, I get the same error message. If I key in uv -admin [option] everything works fine.

Ande
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, you said that $DSHOME/lib is in the shared library search path, but you never mentioned that libgciudt6.so was in that directory. That's why I asked the question.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I could search 3 similar post, couldnt find any useful information in all the post.
dssh can be executed. $DSHOME/lib has been exporte in PATH (that is where libgciudt6.so actually resides).....
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's no good being in PATH, which is the command search path. It must be in the shared library search path, which is LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH, depending on what kind of UNIX you are using.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.