DS_JOBS

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rickrambo
Participant

DS_JOBS

Post by rickrambo »

DS 7.0
job type parallel

I was reading the old post and came across one of the posts. I pasted that post below..Here are my questions.

1. I found uv, under /xxxx/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/, is this the $DSBIN you are referring to.

2. I tried all this following commands, ( PSEXPSLSE is my job name), but this command returned nothing. Can you tell me what I am missing.

/xxx/DataStage/DSEngine/bin:==> uv "select * from DS_JOBS where NAME = 'PSEXPSLSE'"
/xxx/DataStage/DSEngine/bin:==> uv select * from DS_JOBS where NAME = 'PSEXPSLSE'
/xxx/DataStage/DSEngine/bin:==> uv select * from DS_JOBS where NAME='PSEXPSLSE'
/xxx/DataStage/DSEngine/bin:==> uv "select * from DS_JOBS where NAME='PSEXPSLSE'"
/xxx/DataStage/DSEngine/bin:==> uv "select * from DS_JOBS where NAME='PSEXPSLSE'";
/xxx/DataStage/DSEngine/bin:==> uv select * from DS_JOBS where NAME='PSEXPSLSE';

3. Like DS_JOBS, what are other tables available, importantly where would I this documentation?

Thanks in advance....

your post.......

. $DSHOME/dsenv
PROJDIR=<YOUR PROJECT DIRECTORY>
cd $PROJDIR

JOBNO=`$DSBIN/uv "select * from DS_JOBS where NAME='<JOB NAME>';" |grep No.......... | awk '{print $2}'`

$DSHOME/bin/uv "select TIMESTAMP, SEVERITY, FULL.TEXT from RT_LOG$JOBNO where SEVERITY = 'Warning' AND EVAL \"@ID\" NOT LIKE '//%' AND @ID >= CAST(EVAL \"FIELD(TRANS('RT_LOG$JOBNO','//JOB.STARTED.NO',1,'X'), @SVM, 1)\" AS DECIMAL) order by @ID;" > <YOUR LOG FILE>
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You missed the one combination that works, with the semi-colon inside the quoted string.

Code: Select all

uv "select * from DS_JOBS where NAME = 'PSEXPSLSE';" 
Ascential/IBM provides no documentation as to the other tables in, and structure of, the Repository. This is a deliberate choice; they reserve the right to change anything at any time, and do.

Some folks here, however, are experienced with the database on which DataStage was originally built, and have been able to figure stuff out. Much of that is posted here, and/or can be discerned from the SQL in Kim Duke's tools.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
When i try the command i get error. The command i tried and location where i tried, and result is as follows.

/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin > uv "select * from DS_JOBS;"
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program uv because of the following errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module libgciudt6.so could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module libgciudt6.so.
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exit
Correct me if iam wrong or if something is wrong..... :roll:

regards
kumar
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Possible cause of the problem is the required libraries are not loaded due to the LIBRARY PATH in the environment variable. Check the LIBRARY PATH variable is set in DSENV file, if yes execute the DSENV from your $DSHOME directory so that all library path would be set then try executing the command. It should work. If LIBRARY PATH variable is not set, look at PDF file (Hope Installation and Upgrade guide, how to set DSENV file) to set the required environment variable.

HTWH.

Regards
Saravanan
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Kumar - did you source 'dsenv' first?

/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine > . ./dsenv
/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine > cd bin
/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin > uv "select * from DS_JOBS;"
This is what Saravanan meant by 'executing' it to make sure all your environment variables and paths are setup correctly.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

You also cannot execute this in the bin directory. Add the bin directory to your PATH. Execute this command in a project directory.
Mamu Kim
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Actually, you can - it just doesn't return any rows. :P

Move into a project directory and it will actually produce output:

/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine > cd ../Projects/YourProject 
/ds/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/YourProject > $DSHOME/bin/uv "select * from DS_JOBS;"
Assuming default location patterns.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Kumar has two problems.

You can't execute an unqualified uv command from the bin directory on UNIX unless . (the current directory) is included in your command directory search list (that is, the PATH environment variable).

You can't successfully execute a uv (or dssh) command in a directory that is not also an account (that is, contains a VOC file). To query the DS_JOBS table you not only need to be in an account, you need to be in an account in which that VOC file contains an entry for the DS_JOBS account (or can refer to one by qualifying the table name with a schema name).
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

HI,
I still hold this issue.

/dsproject/DS_PROJ > $DSHOME/bin/uv
exec(): 0509-036 Cannot load program /dsadmhome/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine/bin/uv because of the following errors:
        0509-150   Dependent module libgciudt6.so could not be loaded.
        0509-022 Cannot load module libgciudt6.so.
        0509-026 System error: A file or directory in the path name does not exist.
I could search 3 similar post, couldnt find any useful information in all the post.
dssh can be executed. $DSHOME/lib has been exporte in PATH (that is where libgciudt6.so actually resides). Also $DSHOME/bin. I had given necessary permission to the file. And executing this from dsadm. Still the same :cry:
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try it with dssh rather than uv.

/ds/Ascential/DataStage/DSEngine > cd ../Projects/YourProject 
/ds/Ascential/DataStage/Projects/YourProject > $DSHOME/bin/dssh "select * from DS_JOBSwhere NAME='PSEXPSLSE';"
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Thanks Ray,
This is how Iam using it now.
But was wondering with the issue in uv :?
Impossible doesn't mean 'it is not possible' actually means... 'NOBODY HAS DONE IT SO FAR'
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The uv command does a little more in guaranteeing that you have a clean environment in which to work. It eventually invokes dssh (which is a synonym for uvsh).

Before that, it has failed to find the library libgciudt6.so - could be an issue with how your LD_LIBRARY_PATH environment variable is set, could be that the library is not in its expected location, could be that its name is misspelled. Use find to determine where libgciudt6.so is, and make sure that its parent directory is in your shared library path environment variable as set in the dsenv file. Once you have that correct, you can go back to using uv rather than dssh, since it's a cleaner approach.
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

As mentioned in my previoius post $DSHOME/lib is in my library path which is shared in dsenv. :?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

But is the directory in which libgciudt6.so is located referred to in that search path? Where is libgciudt6.so ?
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

I afraid, if Iam not clear. As i mentioned the libgciudt6.so is in $DSHOME/lib and the same has been referred to the search path.