Hi

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jeeshitha
Participant

Hi

Post by jeeshitha »

Hi,
Iam learning datastage please give me some advices. 1.how we can optimize and tune the job design.
2.How we ccan implement SCD in Datastage.Please give full details like which stages we can use.

3.If we ha have situtaton like I have 2 million records in the input file job procced 1.5 million records and job is aborted than how u will handle.

Please give the answers for these questions

Advance Thanks,
Jeeshitha
kumar_s
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kumar_s »

Hi,
Wellcome :D
The topic u have asked is all very broad topics. And people here to share their experience and not to advice. i guess u have not made any mistakes so far :wink: :
You can have lots of info about performance tuning. it can be bifucated into indivudjual stage configuration level. Placing filters at ealiar positions to Null handling in filters.....
Three types of SCD can be handled in many several ways. Most of i/o stage support load append or over write. ODBC/Oracle stages support update and insert (Upserts). You cant have a direct aproach to SCD Type II or III in Sequential files.
rollback and commit... hummmm..... perhap some one can speak about it.

regards
kumar
Sainath.Srinivasan
Participant

Post by Sainath.Srinivasan »

The questions are generic in nature and involve big stories to explain.

By-the-way, can you explain why you need it as knowing more about the requirement will assist others giving better answers.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Do you seek specific advice on how to implement slowly changing dimensions using DataStage TX maps?
Optimizing and tuning job designs is first and foremost a function of what the job design is intended to do. The basic principle is not to perform any unnecessary processing and not to process any unnecessary data.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.