Issue with DataStage Jobs

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

dnissen
Participant

Issue with DataStage Jobs

Post by dnissen »

Hi All,

Recently we have encounted an issue with some of our new ETLs developed.

Our old ETLs run on the same server as the new ETLs but all the new ETLs fail with the following error:

DataStage Job 10 Phantom 20583
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: oraoci9.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: No such file or directory
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: oraoci9enu.so
/usr/lib/dld.sl: Can't find path for shared library: oraoci9enuenu
V3DespatchFileUpload..V3DespatchFileStaging.DSLink4: DSP.Close Error -100 in $DSP.Close.
DataStage Phantom Finished

Now I seem to remember something about being able to set environment variables for specific ETLs and I am thinking that the LD_LIBRARY_PATH isn't be set to include /usr/lib

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks
Dan
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

When shared libraries can't be found it's usually the environment variable that specifies the search path for shared libraries (this is variously called LD_LIBRARY_PATH, SHLIB_PATH or LIBPATH, depending what kind of UNIX your DataStage server runs on).

DataStage processes set their environment variables from a script called dsenv, which is in the DataStage home directory. The location of this directory can be found in the environment variable $DSHOME or in the file /.dshome. The correct shared library search path must be specified in the dsenv file.

In the menu at the top of the forum you will find Search. This will help you to find more information on this topic.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.