QS Plugin reinstall?

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

QS Plugin reinstall?

Post by PilotBaha »

Does QS plugin require re-install on the server side when we add more projects?
Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, since there's no mechanism for installing it in the Template from which projects are created. Maybe there a need for an enhancement request here.
All plug-in stages installed via the Package Installer are installed directly in projects, not in the Template.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Ray,
is it just a reinstall like it was the day 1? Becuase this seams odd to me as the QS pluging stage sits right at the server, not under specific DS project..

This is one of those times when you wish Ascential did a better job writing their manuals.
Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

The software occurs once, but a record of its existence must be loaded into DS_STAGETYPES in each project so that it can be used in each project.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Ray,
I followed the instructions and installed the QSforDS plugin. It was working fine until last nights production run where the standardization bombed with "no rules directory found" type of error.
Funny thing is the production project was not among the projects that I touched during this process.

Have you ever had to redeploy the QS jobs after QSforDS was installed?
Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

No, but I've never had to reinstall. We installed everything up front.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

We are running into issues with the reinstall.. Since last week some production jobs were not able to see some metadata in input and output files. A recompile and re-run of the QS solved the problem.. Interesting thing is, prod project was never touched in the process of reinstalling it for new DS projects..
Earthbound misfit I..
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

That's because you should never need to connect the QS clients to your production project, so it's moot whether the plug-in components are in this project or not.