Urgent : File CodePage for German Characters

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

saadmirza
Participant

Urgent : File CodePage for German Characters

Post by saadmirza »

Dear All,
Its really urgent...Now i have some special characters coming in my input file and my file definition in QualityStage doesnt allow me to see the special characters when I view from QS...the special charcters are replaced by the next character and hence the alignment is ditorted...
Please suggest me as to which CodePage should I use for my Input and Output file definitions...

Thanks,
Saad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

If it's really urgent sign up for premium support with your support provider, and learn the true cost of urgent.

This forum is an all volunteer effort, with participants posting as and when they can. "Urgent" is not possible, unless you want to purchase the services of some of the independent consultants, and even then they need to be available when you need them.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Ray,
more power to you.. :)
Earthbound misfit I..
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Sorry for that Ray,
I understand you completely...I revoke my words...but if anybody have the solution pls do help me..

Thanks,
Saad
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Saad,
are you working with Ascential on this? Have you or the company that you work with taken any courses on QS? Or are you even hired as a QS expert ?

I have seen many cases where people put QS on their resumes, get on the contracts because they get rock bottom rates, as low as $25/hr by under cutting other people..

As a friend told me "QualityStage is like the game of chess. You may know how to move the pieces, but sure that doesn't make you a Kasparov".

I can understand few road blocks, some bottlenecks that you are facing. We all do (read my post from yesterday). But from get go, your questions have been from "How do I set up the match" to "urgent I need this" type of repetitive questions.

Cheers,

Baha
Earthbound misfit I..
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi,
Interesting!!!!Yes I am working with Ascential parallely on this issue...I trust this site more than Ascential Support...Ok..to your specific questions..I am not a QS expert...I am a SAP BW expert...:Suddenyl the client decided to have QS for certain activities...and within short period of time it is difficult to get a QS resource...I know it may be easy also, not every company does..anyways...Also to be more precise, I dont expect to put QS as my expertise in resume...even I know I cant be expert with just 1 project...Yes I have been asking some simple questions or some funny questions...yes but as u c..I already mentioned in 1 of my post that I am new to QS...Also is it true that after undergoing a course, an individual becmes an Expert...I dont agree with this...unless u get a chance to experiment on your own...and so I am trying to learn something from this forum and also through manuals...I understand that if this goes for long then I should go a course so that i can ask specific questions during the course and not learn just basics...anyways...
Thanks for all the replies and help you have given me so far....and hope to get the same in future...

Saad.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

I don't have an answer to your particular question. However, why not post on DeveloperNet - there are vendor experts who are permitted to respond there.
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Saad,
I may look like busting your chops on this, but your client is guilty as charged. More and more we are seing people with their attitude. If they wanted to do the data quality work on QS, they they should have hired the QS people or Ascential professional services.

It's a long painful subject and I still don't look like am over being outsourced to a guy who claimed " I have never worked with QS before, but I have friends that did" ...
Earthbound misfit I..
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi Ray,
Actually my question is related to my Post in DataStageServer edition group where subject is ..Unable to decide which NLS to use and where...since my output of DS is an input to QS...and my output of DS is a fix length file with ISO8859-1...If I use UTF 8 then the output is distorted..and if i use ISO8859-1 then i cant see the file properly in QS...all german chars appear as blank...I dont understand whether i have to correct the issue in DS or QS??
Please guide me.

Saad
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

What happens if you specify NONE as the map?
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi Ray,
If I keep NONE as NLS in DS job..then my output file shows correct characters...But that outputfile is an input to QS job...
When I see the file through QS server output files option avaialble when you right click the QS Job...I see the data distorted...and the special character dissapears...
Please suggest.

Regards,
Saad
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

Do you have to take a look at the file from Qs?
Earthbound misfit I..
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi,
If i understood u correctly, you mean that even though the view gives you different alignment but the Job will give propoer results...I even tried that...I ran the job witht the same file but eventually I dont get the match for the words which contain special characters..

Regards,
Saad
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi All,
Now I am able to Match the Special characters between 2 files...If there is a match found I extract the duplicates into another output file..
My problem is that the output extract file does not display the special characetrs correctly...Again this output file is an input to DS job ...
Please let me know if any one knows the solution...how do i write the specal characters as output from QS....

Thanks,
Saad Mirza
saadmirza
Participant

Just an Update from Ascential

Post by saadmirza »

Hi All,
Just to update everyone on this forum regarding this issue...Ascential admits that Unicode Version of Quailty Stage does not support German and other special characters..they have suggested me to install single byte version for the same....
They have raised and Engineering case for this issue..

Regards,
SM