Quality Stage Plugin

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

RobW
Participant

Quality Stage Plugin

Post by RobW »

Hi,
I am new to QualitySatge and DataStage Server. I've played around with both of these products in isolation for the past couple of weeks and (hopefully) I'm starting to understand them.

What I need to do now is run a QualityStage job from DataStage. I understand there is a plug-in available.Could someone answer the following please.

Which CD is the plug-in on and what is it called?
Is there any documentation for the plugin (I can't find anything about it in the plug-in guide).
Is there any other configuration I need to worry about.

Thanks in advance,
Rob
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

rob,
the plugin should be provided to you by Ascential. Most of the questions you asked have straight forward answers in the release notes and PDF documents. Contact your tech support/sales rep if you don't have the plug in...
Later on, you can come back to this forum and get help in terms of the things that are not written in the documetns (like the example of C:\tmp\ and C:\temp\ issue on another thread.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

Consider making some of your qualitystage plugin properties job parameters. Especially the trace level. That way when you hit a problem you can run it again with a higher trace level. You may also find situations where you deliver to your (hopefully) readonly production environment, find a problem getting it running and you can bump up the plugin trace level via the job parameter without changing and recompiling the job.
nike_ravi
Participant

Post by nike_ravi »

Rob,
Follow this sequence...

1.Install DataStage (this document assumes DataStage is already installed)
2.Install QUALITY STAGE (this document assumes QUALITY STAGE is already installed)
3.Install QUALITY STAGE for DataStage Plug-in
4.Install QUALITY STAGE Plug-in GUI on the client machine
5.Create the IRT Manager Configuration file
6.Set Path
7.Set INTBIN environment variable
8.Start IRT (QUALITY STAGE REAL TIME) server (Note that the QUALITY STAGE IRT server is installed at the same time as the QUALITY STAGE batch server)

No documents are available.
mngr.cfg file u have to change while integrating QS job with DS
Hope it wil helps.Good Luck

Regards
Ravi Nemalipuri
RobW
Participant

Re: Quality Stage Plugin

Post by RobW »

Thanks all. I now have it working.

I also managed to track down the QualityStage for Datastage plug-in documentation from the following URL

http://www.ascentialsoftware.com/servic ... n_R7.0.pdf