Does QS provides NLS support

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

arunmal
Participant

Does QS provides NLS support

Post by arunmal »

I have been trying to retrieve information about the NLS support in QS,but to no avail.We have some files which are UTF8 encoded and the files have Japanese and Chinese characters.Although datastage gives quite an extensible support for NLS but i could get any material on quality stage.

Any pointers would be welcomed.
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
Sorry for the late answer :(.
We tested a while back some hebrew with QS and it seemed to work.

as for the phonetic and speelling look alikes obviously you need to check How well or if the existing functions work and what does it mean if you have your own or 3rd party utilities instead that you want to integrate into QS.
(Last time I checked I do believe they were an integral part of QS; that is soundex and nicee - if spelled correctly :roll: )

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
saadmirza
Participant

Post by saadmirza »

Hi Roy,
I have a similar problem...I am not able to use Quality Stage with German/Scadinavian special Characters...My QS output is a UTF 8 format fixed length file...when i view it in QS the input file alignment is distorted and umlauts are replaced with space and the susequent columns are distorted...Can you please suggest me how did you implement the same in Quality Stage..

Thanks,
Saad