Error Code=-2 While installing QS plugin at Server side

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

nike_ravi
Participant

Error Code=-2 While installing QS plugin at Server side

Post by nike_ravi »

Hi,
While installing QS plug-in(7.0) at DS(7.0) Server. It gone thru sucussfully. But i found some error code in INSTALL.LOG.
What is cause for this error.
How to rectify it? Help me to come out this issue.

Log messages are given below:

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\irtc_uenu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\irtc_uenu.dll) Error Code=-2

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\irtcenu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\irtcenu.dll) Error Code=-2

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icudt24lenu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icudt24lenu.dll) Error Code=-2

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icuin24enu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icuin24enu.dll) Error Code=-2

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icuio24enu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icuio24enu.dll) Error Code=-2

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icule24enu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icule24enu.dll) Error Code=-2

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icutu24enu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icutu24enu.dll) Error Code=-2

Registering PlugIn d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icuuc24enu.dll.
ERROR: Unable to register plugin (Path=d:\Ascential\DataStage\Engine\bin\icuuc24enu.dll) Error Code=-2

Regards
Ravi Nemalipuri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

First tip: never claim that something has gone through successfully if there are error messages in the log. It confuses things; people might stop reading at that point.

Were you logged in as qsadm when performing this installation? Were you logged in as a member of the Administrators group?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
nike_ravi
Participant

Post by nike_ravi »

Ray,
We are using Win2000 and we have admin priviliges with us.

Regards
Ravi Nemalipuri
nike_ravi
Participant

Post by nike_ravi »

Ray,

We also found that the DLLs for which there was a problem registering were 0 KB files.

Can we get these dlls from somewhere and use them here?

Appreciate your help.

Regards,
Ravi Nemalipuri
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Haven't seen that one before - it would certainly explain problems registering the DLL's!
Best place to get replacements is your vendor/first line support provider. Mention that you want the larger ones. :lol:
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antaylor
Participant

Just went through this

Post by antaylor »

Just went through the PAINFUL process of getting this plugin to work. That error message shows up on each server I have installed on and it all works wonderfully, it is likely that this is not your problem.

@