EDI with TX

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Monique
Participant

EDI with TX

Post by Monique »

I would like to know, if someone is using datastage TX to reformat data to an EDI 811 . I need to compare 2 other softwares with DataStage TX.

If easy to use , if easy to call datastage TX from datastage EE ( PX ) and other infomation will help me.

Thank you.
Monique :D
jsmoley
Participant

Post by jsmoley »

EDI translations was the original purpose of DataStage TX, way back when it was TSI. It is known as an any to any transformation engine.
It runs as a Stage on DataStage and EE 7.5.1. Depending on what you need to do, you may or may not need DataStage, TX EE is a realtime environment on it's own.
Monique
Participant

Post by Monique »

jsmoley wrote:EDI translations was the original purpose of DataStage TX, way back when it was TSI. It is known as an any to any transformation engine.
It runs as a Stage on DataStage and EE 7.5.1. Depending on what you need to do, you may or may not need DataStage, TX EE is a realtime environment on it's own.
We have datastage EE but 7.0.1 not the 7.5.1, if we upgrade to 7.5.1 EE we will be able to execute from a stage into EE the TX mapping to format the output into an EDI 811 format. Do you know, if the format EDI is only into TX or you are able to have into EE.

Thank you.
jsmoley
Participant

Post by jsmoley »

You get the basic tools to map EDI with DS TX. It is possible with EE alone, but you would most likely have to write a lot of customer Pcode.
You map to X12 standard, you would also purchase a set to "Type Tree" which are predifined data structures for the ANSI standard. In the Map Designer, you would take your input structure and drag & drop the correct items onto the output structure of the 811. As I said, you may not need DataStage for what you are doing, the DataStage TX product alone might do what you need. Contact you sales person, and if they are not sure, they can contact me.