Can we get Fields used in Matching from the deployes Script

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Vijay Kumar
Participant

Can we get Fields used in Matching from the deployes Script

Post by Vijay Kumar »

Hi,
Can we find out which fields are used in the matching job from the deployed script.
For example : if we lost the front end UI job but the job is already deployed on the unix server. using the deployed job I want to find out which fields are used in each pass of the matching job.

I think it is very tricky to find out that.

Help in this is really grateful. Thanks in advance.

Regards
Vijay Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Vijay,

am I correct in interpreting your question to mean that you would like to reverse-engineer a Px job? If so, you do not really have too many options and those depend upon how your job was promoted to the production environment. In any case you will only see generated code and scripts and will never be able to fully re-create the job design.
Vijay Kumar
Participant

Post by Vijay Kumar »

Hi Arnd,
I just want to see the field names in each pass throgh unix prompt. I don;t want to build he job. I mean I want to see the fields used in each pass from any of the files from Contrlos or Scripts directory for that job.

Thanks & Regards
Vijay Kumar
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Vijay,

I don't think that the generated code will tell you column names for data transferred; at least I can't think of a way to do it. But there are brighter heads out there who might be able to tweak orchestrate and give a solution. Good luck.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

This isn't Orchestrate, it's QualityStage (the software formerly known as INTEGRITY from Vality).

I think, if you inspect the execution scripts, you would be able to recover the field names manually, but as to the column widths I think that would be trickier. Unfortunately most of the metadata is contained on the client machine in a password-protected MS Access MDB file. (You could ask Ascential - via your support provider - for the password, explaining your situation, but don't hold your breath.)

Did you ever export your QualityStage project in an IMF format? If so, you could definitely recover from that.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ArndW
Participant

Post by ArndW »

Vijay & Ray,

sorry, I only saw the Parallel part of the description and didn't realize we were in the Quality Stage forum. Please ignore my remarks if you haven't done so already.
JamasE
Participant

Re: Can we get Fields used in Matching from the deployes Scr

Post by JamasE »

Vijay Kumar wrote:Can we find out which fields are used in the matching job from the deployed script.
This is more a Windows answer than a Unix answer, but it's the only one I got and have no idea if there is a Unix equivalent.

If you can locate the working directory where it compiles all the scripts where running, find the directory which has the same name as the stage, then look in there. The .MAT file contains the matching job, and lists all the field names (note: assumes you know in which order the files are if all the fields have the same name), and the .DIC file will tell you for each file the fields, their starting positions, etc.
(Basically, look for .MAT files.)

Alternatively, if the pass generates a .OUT file (in the Scripts directory), then all the info is also in there. (Very useful are .OUT files.)

Cheers,
Jamas
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

You have to develop a good practice of keeping records of the jobs developed. However, the people who put QS on their resume do not realize how important it is to keep track of the .IMF files.
The need for reverse engineering comes from the lack of a best practice that was put together by previous developers.

Whatever you do , DO NOT USE .MDB files on clients to accomplish this practice. Just use something like Sharepoint to store IMF files and back them regularly.