File Routing and TX

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

alraaayeq
Participant

File Routing and TX

Post by alraaayeq »

Hi all;

we are working in environment where we receive many files from different sources (1500+ files from 6 sources around the clock), sometimes we use our ETL jobs against some files before we transform them to destinations.

we built small software using Unix shell scripts and C++ that do the job, yet thinking to use TX as proposed solution by one of SIs.

Does any one here can help me out and giving me his opinion? his experience? or thankfully any comments.

I have posted this question here : viewtopic.php?t=91243&highlight=file+routing
sachinkc
Participant

Re: File Routing and TX

Post by sachinkc »

TX can do almost all kinds of transformations and translations. It can be put in front of ETL product to bulk load, but not ideally suited for ETL itself. It has a great transformation engine, so is mainly being used for EDI\EAI any to any transforms.

And yes, it can very easily do file routing too, both from within the maps and through external message flow (by another tool within DS TX family)

- Sachin
alraaayeq wrote:Hi all;

we are working in environment where we receive many files from different sources (1500+ files from 6 sources around the clock), sometimes we use our ETL jobs against some files before we transform them to destinations.

we built small software using Unix shell scripts and C++ that do the job, yet thinking to use TX as proposed solution by one of SIs.

Does any one here can help me out and giving me his opinion? his experience? or thankfully any comments.

I have posted this question here : viewtopic.php?t=91243&highlight=file+routing
Rgrds & Cheers!

Sachin
sachin@operamail.com
~Life always finds a way~