link report not found

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

bryan
Participant

link report not found

Post by bryan »

I get this error

DSD_GenerateEvents.B:LinkReport for jobname.stagename.linkname
not found.

I copied the stage and the link since I have to do an update to an old job design.
I tried changing the link name but I still get the error. Any help why.
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

guess noone has come across this problem before

my source stage earlier was oracle

I got the problem solved by using a DRS stage instead of OCI

dont know why!!
throbinson
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by throbinson »

Do you have MetaStage installed but not running? In other words, is the checkbox, in Administrator for this project under Properties, Operate in MetaStage Proxy mode checked but the Process MetaBroker daemon for it not running? You will then get this error when your job tries to report Process Metabroker events to MetaStage but MetaStage is not at home. This is a common annoying problem. It's a horse not a zebra.
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

You were right, Robin!

Thanks for pointing it out
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

Should dsrpc be restarting after starting the process metabroker daemon?
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Yes, because it re-reads the configuration file that specifies that MetaStage proxy mode is enabled, and checks that the listener process is started.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
r_garza
Participant

Post by r_garza »

I just encountered the same problem that Bryan had regarding the warning message:
"DSD_GenerateEvents.B:LinkReport for jobname.stagename.linkname not found"

I was running a Job that was copied from another and changed slightly (source file information, etc.). There are 4 Jobs total that are very similar in structure. 3 Jobs run w/out the Warning message appearing and 1 produces the Warning message.

I suspect that you are correct regarding MetaStage being installed but not turned on because I unchecked the "Operate in MetaStage Proxy mode" checkbox and reran the Job that usually produced the Warning message. This time there was no Warning message....

So....finally to my question. What is the impact to the Project of having this box unchecked? We plan to implement MetaStage processing at a later date and another team is testing MetaStage on various Projects. Another question we have is what is the risk of having this box checked in our Development Project and having it unchecked in our Acceptance Testing Project?

Any information that can be provided is most appreciated. Thank you for your time.
Baldo
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Baldo »

Hi All,

I have had this problem as well. Our problem occured when custom SQL was used in an OCI stage (in our cases a lookup) - when using the process metabroker.

In our case, it turns out it was the lack of a table name in the OCI stage that caused this problem. Go into the offending link, change the type from Custom SQL to column-driven and put a table name in the box. Before pressing the ok button on the dialog, change the type back to custom sql (and your sql should still be there). Re-compile, and re-run without the warnings.

Chris.
logic
Participant

thanks

Post by logic »

this hint, helped me to resolve the pbm too. thanks a lot for the input. senthil, USA.
bryan
Participant

Post by bryan »

As an FYI

Ascential Support confirmed that its a bug till 7.5

Starting 7.5.1, this has been fixed
sylvie-anne
Charter Member
Charter Member

MetaStage Proxy mode, v.6

Post by sylvie-anne »

throbinson wrote:Do you have MetaStage installed but not running? In other words, is the checkbox, in Administrator for this project under Properties, Operate in MetaStage Proxy mode checked but the Process MetaBroker daemon for it not running? You will then get this error when your job tries to report Process Metabroker events to MetaStage but MetaStage is not at home. This is a common annoying problem. It's a horse not a zebra.
For the v.6, is it the same Checkbox "Proxy mode", or what is it called in v.6 ?

Txs
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Welcome aboard! :D

Alas I don't have version 6 any more, so can't provide a direct answer. You could try searching your on-line help or Server Job Developer's Guide for "proxy mode".
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Klaus Schaefer
Participant

Post by Klaus Schaefer »

Hahaha... this bug is still there in 9.1(!).

Klaus
leandrohmvieira
Participant

Post by leandrohmvieira »

Ha Ha Ha[2], got this on 11.5
Leandro Vieira

Data Expert - Brasilia, Brazil