Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

arun_im4u
Premium Member
Premium Member

Error message in qualitystage

Post by arun_im4u »

Hi everyone,

I am getting this error when i run my quality stage job.

Error exec: /proj/dsadm/Ascential/QualityStage/bin/script_exec: !/bin/vsh: not found

/proj/dsadm/Ascential/QualityStage/Projects/SRF519/Logs/DOWMATCH.Step004.log:ERROR: repgenc FAILED (4)

Op Failed Step004 (4)

EXITVAL=4

Would anyone be able to help me

Thanks.
phanee_k
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by phanee_k »

Hi,
Check whether source file you are using is under Data directory in your project folder.
The DatafileDefinition and the Source file name should be the same.

Thanks,
Phani
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

When you install QualityStage, one of the installation steps is to create a symbolic link called /bin/vsh that points to the Bourne shell (usually /bin/sh).

See page 1-5 of the QualityStage UNIX, Linux and Windows NT Server Guide.

Did you ("they") do this?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Given that it's complaining about !/bin/vsh, it may also be the case that a script has not been correctly formed. The first line of any QualityStage script should be #!/bin/vsh (note the # character designating a comment).
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
ashok
Participant

Re: Error message in qualitystage

Post by ashok »

arun_im4u wrote:Hi everyone,

I am getting this error when i run my quality stage job.

Error exec: /proj/dsadm/Ascential/QualityStage/bin/script_exec: !/bin/vsh: not found

/proj/dsadm/Ascential/QualityStage/Projects/SRF519/Logs/DOWMATCH.Step004.log:ERROR: repgenc FAILED (4)

Op Failed Step004 (4)

EXITVAL=4

Would anyone be able to help me

Thanks.

Hi,
configure your run profile, where you need to give complete details about the Quality Stage server, like where you installed (platform windows, Unix), FTP user id, password....

(Look into user guide help, you will find complete configuration steps about run profile)

bye,
Ashok