Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jjrbikes
Premium Member
Premium Member

qsrtmngr - HELP!!!

Post by jjrbikes »

Hi!

We recently installed QualityStage 7.0. We have created, deployed and run numerous jobs successfully. Now I am attempting to utilize the QualityStage plug-in in a DataStage (7.5A) server job to "call" a QualityStage job. I've got my job set up like this:

FlatFileIn >> QS_PlugIn >> FlatFileOut

However, when I run the job it bombs and I get this message:
QSPlugInCareMark3M_MEDCOMBRjob..QualityStage_0: Failed to open QSRT connection: check qsrtmngr is running, job is deployed
Knowing the job was deployed I checked with my system admin and he informed me that qsrtmngr is NOT running - but he has some questions about starting it up and I don't have the answers. I'm hoping someone out there does!!! These are his questions:
How should I fire it up?

- What user should we run the service as
- (in your case) what umask/group settings should be force on the new process
- What environmental variables or command line arguments should be passed
Thanks for your help

Jennifer
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

You can start qsrtmngr if logged in as qsadm.

You need INTBIN to contain the pathname of the QS installation directory and the PATH and library environment variable (e.g. LIBPATH) to contain the $INTBIN/bin directory.

The manual (UNIX_NT_Server_Guide.pdf) contains all of this in Chapter 3.

You will need to specify the -p option if you're using a port number other than the default (6010), the -t option if you wish to trace, and the -c option to use a non-default configuration file (for example to set a non-default umask). Otherwise, qsrtmngr will inherit the umask of the process that starts it.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
jjrbikes
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jjrbikes »

Thanks a Bunch Ray!! One other question - our admin attempted to start up qsrtmngr and got this error message - any suggestions?

Code: Select all

$ /proj/dsadm/Ascential/QualityStage/bin/qsrtmngr
qsrtmngr(81890):Wed Dec 15 13:42:40 2004 LOG: $Build: (SINGLE)RELEASE qsrtmngr_7_0_1_7_040120_15:06:05 $ qsrtmngr(81890):Wed Dec 15 13:42:40 2004 LOG: Start qsrtmngr(81890):Wed Dec 15 13:42:40 2004 LOG:  LOCALE is: C C C C C C

/proj/dsadm/Ascential/QualityStage/bin/qsrtmngr

qsrtmngr(81890):Wed Dec 15 13:42:40 2004 IPE_POST:  [irtmanager.c] [mngr_get_cfg_params] [631] WARNING: 0008 unable to open file mngr.cfg
A search of the QualityStage directory reveals no file of this name exists.
T42
Participant

Post by T42 »

mngr.cfg file is optional. Pull the documents as Ray advised, and you should see the guide on how to create this file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

We needed one because we used a non-default port number. It's expected to be in the QualityStage installation directory's bin sub-directory.

Code: Select all

$ find . -name mngr.cfg -print 2>/dev/null
./QualityStage/bin/mngr.cfg
$ more ./QualityStage/bin/mngr.cfg
# Quality Stage Real Time Manager Configuration File
# Created 17/11/2004 Ray Wurlod
# for DataStage Plug-In
IRTMGR Start
PRIMPORT=6012
ROOTDIR=/progs/Ascential/QualityStage
TRACELEVEL=1
IRTMGR End
$
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
antaylor
Participant

Post by antaylor »

I found that qsrt doesnt use the port you type in the cfg file. I had to put it in at the cmd line and it changed it in the cfg file.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Not my experience on AIX. :shock: