Reg Iconv and Oconv

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

vbeeram
Participant

Reg Iconv and Oconv

Post by vbeeram »

Hi,

I am using Datastage 7.0.1 Parallel Jobs,when I am trying to use IConv and OConv Functions I am getting error,like Variable not found.So can we use Iconv and Oconv in parallel jobs or not.It's urgent if any body give reply i would appreciate them.

Thanks

Beeram
Last edited by vbeeram on Thu Aug 26, 2004 8:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You can use them in a BASIC Transformer from what I understand, said the Server guy. :wink:
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There are two types of Transformer stage in parallel jobs, if you have a sufficiently recent version. One is called the Transformer stage; this one can NOT use BASIC functions such as Iconv() and Oconv(). The other is called the BASIC Transformer stage, which gives you access to the full range of DataStage BASIC expression elements, at the cost of being an additional component to load when the job runs.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Where do i find BASIC Transformer stage?
leo_t_nice
Participant

Post by leo_t_nice »

On a "normal" installation of PX, you should be able to find it under "Stage Types - Parallel - Processing".