Error while reading server reports & datafiles.

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Ravindar
Participant

Error while reading server reports & datafiles.

Post by Ravindar »

Hi,

I am new to Quality Stage and currently I am going through the "Getting started" manual.I created a simple job with a Investigation stage.

I finished deploying the job and run the job. The job is runnig succesfully. And it creating three files in "DATA" folder( I viewed it using notepad not through Quality stage.).

But when I tried to view the reports by right clicking the job and clicking the "Server reports and Datafiles" option, it shows the list of reports but when i tried to view it, it is showing error like "GetNumLines: Cannot establish connection to server- inappropriate response found".

Please help me to solve this problem.

Thanks in advance,
Ravin.
JamasE
Participant

Re: Error while reading server reports & datafiles.

Post by JamasE »

Ravindar wrote:Hi,
But when I tried to view the reports by right clicking the job and clicking the "Server reports and Datafiles" option, it shows the list of reports but when i tried to view it, it is showing error like "GetNumLines: Cannot establish connection to server- inappropriate response found".
Ravin.
This is a fun wee problem which we encountered before. The problem seems to reside in the fact that QS assumes a particular set up (local machine) and the file assessing the reports has a bug when that set-up isn't true.

Contact the Ascential Helpdesk, and tell them about the problem and the set up that you have (e.g. Windows, remote unicode server) in detail and they'll send the correctly patched files.
(Be sure to be exact about your set up, otherwise the patch files might cause other issues, such as making a unicode server a non-unicode server.)

Cheers,
Jamas
Ravindar
Participant

Post by Ravindar »

FYI, the QS Server and the designer are in the same machine. So I created a Profile which says the Host type as "Windows local".

I want to know what is the purpose of "Alternate locale" field in the "Host Setting" tab of Profile definition window.