The Connection is Broken [810020]

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

The Connection is Broken [810020]

Post by mandyli »

When ever I opened jobs in the designer some time I will get following error. I hope this is not error.

[code][b]Error calling subroutine : Datastage "DSR SEKECT [Action =9]; check Datastage is set uo correctly in project [Project name] [/b][/code]

If I closed and reopen the designer then it will ok. Any way I want to know the exact reason for that problem. [/quote]

Please any idea ..

rgds
Mandyli
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Hi,

We do get this problem frequently. I believe it's a time out problem.
If we don't work in the designer for sometime and if it's idle, this problem comes.

I don't know if there is any way to increase the specified timeout for this connection broken. If yes, probably we can increase that.

Has anyone come across this?

Thanks,
Srikanth
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

It's a fairly common problem.

The inactivty timeout for client connections is set in the Administrator client. On the General tab there is a frame for Inactivity Timeout in which you can set the number of seconds, or check the "do not timeout" check box.

The connection with the server drops if it is inactive for more than the time specified here. Enter the timeout period in seconds, then click Apply. To retain the connection regardless of whether there is any activity, select the Do not timeout check box.

As you leave this dialog you are reminded that any changes effected will not take effect until DataStage services are re-started.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Thank you Ray.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Thanks Ray.

I WILL CHECK IN Administrator client.
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

Hi Ray,

Your correct i tried in Administrator client and then set in following option:

[code]Inactivity Timeout in which you can set the number of seconds, or check the "do not timeout" check box. [/code].

right now i am not getting this error.

Thanks Ray.