Sequencer Not getting the FINISH status from the job

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

rggoud
Participant

Sequencer Not getting the FINISH status from the job

Post by rggoud »

One of our sequencer job is waiting even after the job it called finished successfully (i have noticed in some cases, the sequencer finishes after 1 hr). Even though this is happening occassionally, the dw load programs are crossing our batch process window whenever this happens which creates problem in subsequent loads.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks.

Raj.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Review the code generated by compiling the sequence. You will find it on the Job Control tab in the job properties window. See whether there's anything there that might introduce such a delay.

Check, too, whether the controlled job has anything that might cause its status reporting to be delayed. What is that job's status in Director while this hour is passing by? Does it have a long-running after-job process, for example?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Sreenivasulu
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Sreenivasulu »

Surely there could be a locking problem either with at Table level or Row level in the target Database. Please Check whether there is this type of locking when the sequencer is waiting.

Regards
rsrikant
Participant

Post by rsrikant »

Can you post here the message that appears in your job log of the director?

Probably that can help us to diagnose the error you are getting.

And you didn't reply back the Ray's questions?

Thanks,
Srikanth
mandyli
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by mandyli »

What is that job's status in Director? I hope this not related to any table level locking...