Error calling subroutine from director

Post questions here relative to DataStage Server Edition for such areas as Server job design, DS Basic, Routines, Job Sequences, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

wdudek
Participant

Error calling subroutine from director

Post by wdudek »

This morning I found the following errors on the director window(s) that were open on the physical server running datastage. I say windows because there were multiple copies of director open on this server, in case that might have some cause. The errors are as follows
Error calling subroutine: DSR_EXECJOB (Action=5); check DataStage is set up correctly in project CFSPROD
(The connection is broken (81002))
Error calling subroutine: DSR_PROJECT (Action=7); check DataStage is set up correctly in project CFSPROD
Error calling subroutine: DSR_LOG (Action=3); check DataStage is set up correctly in project CFSPROD
They occurred on all of the director sessions, altough it seemed that they would come up differnt amounts of times on each session. i.e. When I closed one, the next would come up, but some times the same error would come up a couple of times before the next one would. I looked at the project it references and nothing unusual happened. One job aborted for reasons we know about, and the other 100 or so ran successfully, or with (See log) type warnings, that can all be explained. Again the director was running on the server, so it was not network connectivity being broken.

Any thoughts on this???
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

Something happened to your connections. Possibley one of your DataStage administrators logged you out.

Ogmios
roy
Participant

Post by roy »

Hi,
if you have a timeout period it might been exeeded.
or as saud something disconnected the director client connection to the server (even if they are on the same machine they still work Client Server.

IHTH,
Roy R.
Time is money but when you don't have money time is all you can afford.

Search before posting:)

Join the DataStagers team effort at:
http://www.worldcommunitygrid.org
wdudek
Participant

Post by wdudek »

It was the timeout. It's was set to 24 hours, which is why I only seem to get calls regarding this on the weekends. Thanks for the help.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the timeout to be in minutes or hours as oppsed to seconds??
bjkilleen
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by bjkilleen »

wdudek wrote:It was the timeout. It's was set to 24 hours, which is why I only seem to get calls regarding this on the weekends. Thanks for the help.

Wouldn't it make more sense for the timeout to be in minutes or hours as oppsed to seconds??
Where did you find the 24 hour timeout setting? What did you change it to to resolve your situation? We are encountering a similar situation where a timeout is occurring.

Thanks!
ogmios
Participant

Post by ogmios »

bjkilleen wrote:
wdudek wrote:It was the timeout. It's was set to 24 hours, which is why I only seem to get calls regarding this on the weekends. Thanks for the help.

Where did you find the 24 hour timeout setting? What did you change it to to resolve your situation? We are encountering a similar situation where a timeout is occurring.

Thanks!
In DataStage administrator on the "General" page right bottom frame. It's the "inactivity timeout" and it's in seconds. You can make it bigger or switch it off, but I think it will only become active the next time you stop/start the DataStage server.

Ogmios
wdudek
Participant

Post by wdudek »

I either unchecked the option or took the value out completely, not sure which but I can check if need be, and yes you need to recycle the Datastage service (on windows) to cause the change to take effect.