Addition of a new DataStage forum.

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Athorne
Participant

Addition of a new DataStage forum.

Post by Athorne »

I'm new to the DSXchange and already this forum has had such a tremendous impact on my latest project at work. We have purchased a PeopleSoft Data Warehouse suite that comes bundled with Ascential DataStage. On the suggestion of a few other forum members, I was wondering if you could setup a specific channel for DataStage issues as they relate to ERP programs. PeopleSoft, and SAP for example. I'm sure you are aware that PeopleSoft announced their partnership with Ascential as the sole ETL tool provider for their suite back in January of this year. They have recently released new documentation for the suite the entails the installation and configuration of DataStage. I'm sure in the coming months as support for the previous ETL tool (Informatica Powermart) diminishes, there will be more PeopleSoft customers joining this forum. I just figured a specific thread for the ERP customers would keep some of the useless clutter out of the DataStage only thread. Then again, I'm sure many of the topics would be mutually beneficial to both types of forum users. Just a suggestion, maybe you could just add a drop down description to put PeopleSoft or SAP in the topic so people can choose whether they think the topic is relevant or not. Thank you for providing such an invaluable tool for us newbie Datastage admins.

Andy