creation/deletion of project objects(jobs,routines,etc)

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

asadi
Participant

creation/deletion of project objects(jobs,routines,etc)

Post by asadi »

I need to find out when a certain custom stage had been created and deleted from one of my projects. Is there anything in the UV database that stores such information ??? basically something that logs actions that users have performed on the project ?? even if there is a log of what has been imported into a project and when it was done ???
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There is a table called DS_AUDIT, but it does not have any exposure on the clients except as the date/time modified.
The first thing that you can do is to switch to Details view (choose View > Details from the menu or the standard Windows tool from the toolbar).

DS_AUDIT stores the following columns (column names are case sensitive):
  • CLASS (ennumerated) Job, Routine, etc
    INSTANCE name of object
    DTC date/time created
    CREATOR by whom created
    PREVDTD date/time most recently deleted
    PREVDELETOR by whom deleted
    DTM date/time modified
    MODIFIER by whom modified
    REASON reason for modification
You can also use a column called KEY, which displays CLASS and INSTANCE together, separated by a backslash character.

Columns DTM, MODIFIER and REASON are multi-valued, and associated by the name MODS. You can create dynamically normalized queries on the virtual table DS_AUDIT_MODS, or you can use the UNNEST operator. For example:

Code: Select all

SELECT * FROM DS_AUDIT_MODS;
SELECT * FROM UNNEST DS_AUDIT ON MODS;
Construct your queries in the Administrator client Command window, or in a telnet session connected to DataStage on the server.

As an example, I am interested in the modification history of my job called MyJob. I might construct the following query.

Code: Select all

SELECT KEY, DTC, PREVDTD, DTM, MODIFIER, REASON
FROM DS_AUDIT
WHERE INSTANCE = 'MyJob';
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asadi
Participant

Post by asadi »

Thanks for that Ray, although very useful for existing jobs and routines. The information l was after were deleted objects ??? are these audit logs also stored somewhere ???
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

How about the PREVDTD and PREVDELETOR columns in my previous answer? 8)
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
asadi
Participant

Post by asadi »

PREVDTD and PREVDELETOR columns store the information when objects were deleted however the objects l am after do not show up in the SELECT query... is it possible that after the DS server as been bounced the Audit log information is removed for deleted objects ???