Problem in Reading a Sequential File in Parallel Jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sck
Participant

Problem in Reading a Sequential File in Parallel Jobs

Post by sck »

Hi All
I am able to read the Sequential file data in One Server Jobs with the one MD, but when I try to view the data for the same with the MD for Sequential file in DS Parallel jobs then its throwing an error saying that

##W TOIX 000000 13:48:33(000) <Sequential_File_0,0> Field "SYR" has import error and no default value; data: <empty>, at offset: 100
##W TOIX 000154 13:48:33(001) <Sequential_File_0,0> Import warning at record 0:

The error above I see is because there is no data in that column for the whole file...

Can Anyone please let me know an solution for this problem. As to how this can be solved...

Thanks
Gazelle
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Gazelle »

I've seen the message before when trying to read nulls into an numeric column. Specifying the "Null field value" should fix the problem.

If it's something else, then let us know the format properties of the file, and the format properties of the "SYR" field.
elavenil
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by elavenil »

Hi,

When creating the sequential file, assign dummy value to null allowed columns in 'Null String' column in the sequential file and add a transformer in PX job to transform back to NULL.

Hope this would help you to resolve your issue.

Thanks
Elavenil