changing the node icon [RazzaDS]

Infosphere Master Data Management theory and best practices

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, falsehate

datastage
Participant

changing the node icon [RazzaDS]

Post by datastage »

In my heirarchy the limbs have a standard folder icon and the leaves has a standard paper sheet icon. What steps are involved in changing these defaults? In the admin tool I've created a new glyph, and then created a new node type with this glyph assigned to it. I got lost from here. I don't quite understand why you assign node properties and validations to the created node type.

I don't see where you assign a node to a node type, or how to use one of the node properties that is assigned to the desired node type to get the node to display with my desired glyph.
Byron Paul
WARNING: DO NOT OPERATE DATASTAGE WITHOUT ADULT SUPERVISION.

"Strange things are afoot in the reject links" - from Bill & Ted's DataStage Adventure
falsehate
Participant

Post by falsehate »

A node level property should be created to calculate the node type, usually a lookup or derived property. There is a hierarchy level property called 'HierNodeType', which can be set to point to a node level property that provodes the node type for a given node to the hierarchy, which then applies the node type to the node, changing the node's glyph, displayed properties, and available validations.