BASIC transformer stage

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jay
Participant

BASIC transformer stage

Post by Jay »

hi guyz

this is an enquiry...

the doc for Enterprise Edition says that the BASIC Transformer stage is amongst the new enhancements....but i dont see it in the Processing Palette...but the other 3 stages are there!!

my question is it there in the Server jobs and not in PX...logic says so...or did Ascential try to integrate BASIC into Orchestrate...

thanks in advance
jay[size=12][/size]
pkm7581
Participant

Re: BASIC transformer stage

Post by pkm7581 »

Jay wrote:hi guyz

this is an enquiry...

the doc for Enterprise Edition says that the BASIC Transformer stage is amongst the new enhancements....but i dont see it in the Processing Palette...but the other 3 stages are there!!

my question is it there in the Server jobs and not in PX...logic says so...or did Ascential try to integrate BASIC into Orchestrate...

thanks in advance
jay
Jay,
You won't find it on the stage pallet. In your repository browser, open up "stage types". In stage types, you will find one transformer stage under all ==> processing and another one under Parallel ==> Processing. The one under parallel ==> processing is the BASIC Transformer stage.

HTH,

Pavan
Pavan Marpaka
DataStage and MetaStage Instructor
Learning Services
Ascential Software Corp.
50 Washington Street.
Westboro, MA 01581
pavan.marpaka@Ascential.com
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

Thanks, Pavan.
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

There's a Favorites piece in the Palette where you can put those stage types you use regularly use. It's a great aid to productivity. :D
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

Hi Ray,

Yes. Thats what i did. It really helps.

Thanks
Jay