Not connecting to Oracle 9i server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

ajay_someshwar
Participant

Not connecting to Oracle 9i server

Post by ajay_someshwar »

I have installed Datastage PX server 7.0 on Sun Sparc Solaris 2.8. The Oracle client 9i is installed on the same box. I am trying to connect to a remote Oracle server on WinNT.

I have done the necessary configurations in the files as detailed down in the Install doc as well as in Orchestrate Operator ref/admin docs.

I can import the Plugin Oraoci9 definitions using the Datastage Manager successfully.

But when I drag the Oracle Enterprise stage on the parallel canvas using the designer and try to preview the data after filling parameters like table name,username,password and remote server name it is giving me the following error.

Oracle error -2127, Connect failed for env,username and password

Any answers of how to make it workable?
Iberville
Participant

try again

Post by Iberville »

try find an Oracle manual and decipher the error msg
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

though i am almost sure that there might be a typo in the remote server name, userid and password values, can you please copy-paste the error message from the director log... so we can try to figure out the reasons for the error..