Admin task

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Jay
Participant

Admin task

Post by Jay »

Hello all,

I have been assigned to help the PX admin to separate the PX Developers and the PX Administrator. Currently all the developers have Admin rights.

Can any one suggest some pointers as to how sould i proceed?

I did some R&D and found out that i can do this at the database level and unix level. But my client needs to do it at PX level itself.

Thanks in advance,
Jay
pkm7581
Participant

Re: Admin task

Post by pkm7581 »

Jay wrote:Hello all,

I have been assigned to help the PX admin to separate the PX Developers and the PX Administrator. Currently all the developers have Admin rights.

Can any one suggest some pointers as to how sould i proceed?

I did some R&D and found out that i can do this at the database level and unix level. But my client needs to do it at PX level itself.

Thanks in advance,
Jay
Have you tried using permissions tab in DataStage Administrator. Is everyone logging into PX using 'dsadm'? You can assign unix groups different roles based on the type of project you created (Protected vs Non-Protected)
Jay
Participant

Post by Jay »

Thanks pkm. in the admin environment variables, we checked the instance name, instance owner, instance directory, database name, etc.

then in unix, we checked the group and the required permissions...

its working, thats all i want!..lol

bye
jay
pkm7581
Participant

Post by pkm7581 »

Jay wrote:Thanks pkm. in the admin environment variables, we checked the instance name, instance owner, instance directory, database name, etc.

then in unix, we checked the group and the required permissions...

its working, thats all i want!..lol

bye
jay
:oops:

Ok...I guess I should have the question in more detail....I figured you wanted to set permissions for PX...

Pavan