capturing rejects in px jobs

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

capturing rejects in px jobs

Post by jreddy »

i have a source stage (oracle), a transformer and 3 target oracle stages. My requirement is that i have to capture rejects of first target ONLY into second oracle table. I tried using otherwise in transformer (with the link ordering as first target, second target reject table, third target),but it didnt seem to work, coz once the same row is accepted into another target table, it will not be considered a reject anymore. (surprisingly, according to manuals the link marked as 'otherwise' should capture rejects of output links ABOVE it in link order, but it doesnt in my case.

Also, i tried to use linkname.REJECTED in the constraint for the second reject table link, but it seems this is not available in parallel jobs, though the manual says i can use it. I am getting a syntax error when i use it..

anybody who did this, please help me out. Thanks.

P.S: Now most might wonder why i am not using the direct reject link of the target table and why i am using another target oracle stage to capture rejects..well, my objective here is to just capture the row_id's, job name, table name details into this reject table, so i can just lookup the row_id in source to troubleshoot the error.
raju_chvr
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: capturing rejects in px jobs

Post by raju_chvr »

Can you post the syntax error for:
jreddy wrote: Also, i tried to use linkname.REJECTED in the constraint for the second reject table link, but it seems this is not available in parallel jobs, though the manual says i can use it. I am getting a syntax error when i use it..
though I may not be able help U much ..
jreddy
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by jreddy »

error message is

Link perfHdrRejectORAIn, Constraint: perfHdrORAIn.REJECTED
Variable 'perfHdrORAIn.REJECTED' not defined
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

Please only post once for each topic. See other thread for my advice.

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).