Need information about error handling

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

llbbie
Participant

Need information about error handling

Post by llbbie »

Hi,

Is it possible to get a better error message. I want to convert intern data to a Swift message. But first I only want test my intern data. If there is a failure I need information about the error fields and if possible additional information. And after one error it should not stop.

On my current project, I use a very easy error handling. If there is a failure the maps stops and I get the information about a failure.
But now I want to use the Mercator API and only check a message. I need to get back the detailed information about all failures in the input message.

Can someone give more information about this subject? I didn`t find something in the manual.

thx
malley
Participant

Re: Need information about error handling

Post by malley »

llbbie wrote: Is it possible to get a better error message. I want to convert intern data to a Swift message. But first I only want test my intern data. If there is a failure I need information about the error fields and if possible additional information. And after one error it should not stop.

On my current project, I use a very easy error handling. If there is a failure the maps stops and I get the information about a failure.
But now I want to use the Mercator API and only check a message. I need to get back the detailed information about all failures in the input message.
Using the Restart functionality within the Type Designer, you can configure the map to act on an input validation error by searching for the next good record and "sets aside" the invalid data (TX refers to this as a UFO) which can be retrieved later via the Reject function. I recommend going through Chapter 18 - Mapping Invalid Data in the Design Guide to get a handle on how this works.
Michael Alley
Senior Manager
Effective Data
malley@effective-data.com
www.effective-data.com