QualityStage plugin error

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

milind
Participant

QualityStage plugin error

Post by milind »

Hey guys,

I have been trying to run a qualitystage job within datastage.I have started this real time manager on the QS server.But i get the following error when i run the job.
Failed to open QSRT connection: check qsrtmngr is running, job is deployed
No error
tcp_open: can't connect to server

I cannot even import the the metadata via the plugin; throws the following error:
QSRT OPEN JOB FAILED: PLEASE CHECK QSRTMNGR LOG

The log is empty.

I have made all the necessary configs as stated in the document.Task manager shows qsrtmngr is running.

Thanks in advance.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

A typical error message when you first start using the plugin. It usually means that either the settings are incorrect or the QualityStage job has not been correctly deployed to the server. In this case since the qsrtmngr log file is empty it is likely to be the datastage settings for host and port.

Are you using "localhost" for the host and the standard 6010 for the port? Does your job run successfully when executed from QualityStage in stream mode?
milind
Participant

Post by milind »

vmcburney wrote:A typical error message when you first start using the plugin. It usually means that either the settings are incorrect or the QualityStage job has not been correctly deployed to the server. In this case since the qsrtmngr log file is empty it is likely to be the datastage settings for host and port.

Are you using "localhost" for the host and the standard 6010 for the port? Does your job run successfully when executed from QualityStage in stream mode?
Yes.I have used localhost and 6010 port.The job runs fine in QS.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

You could try restarting the manager with a higher trace level. It is odd for the log file to be empty, I'd expect something to be written out there.
PilotBaha
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PilotBaha »

I am having this problem as well.. Especially pulling metadata from QS environment to DS is a pain in the <you know where>. The Ascential document is not clear enough also.. Oh well.. Will call support and see what they say ..
cmkraus
Participant

Re: QualityStage plugin error

Post by cmkraus »

milind wrote:Hey guys,

I have been trying to run a qualitystage job within datastage.I have started this real time manager on the QS server.But i get the following error when i run the job.
Failed to open QSRT connection: check qsrtmngr is running, job is deployed
No error
tcp_open: can't connect to server

I cannot even import the the metadata via the plugin; throws the following error:
QSRT OPEN JOB FAILED: PLEASE CHECK QSRTMNGR LOG

The log is empty.

I have made all the necessary configs as stated in the document.Task manager shows qsrtmngr is running.

Thanks in advance.
I've gotten a similar error. Here's what I did to solve it. Instead of deploying the QualityStage job in Data Stream mode (as I had been instructed to do), I deployed the job in File Mode. I know - the opposite of what you would be told to do if you contacted Ascential. But if I deployed in Real Time, I got the same error you did.

I'd appreciate any feedback on this. The Ascential help desk has told me this is not the right thing to do, but it's working and it's the only way I've been able to get it to work.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I usually try data stream mode first, and when that fails (and it usually does) I do a file stream mode as well. QualityStage may claim to be client/server but they haven't got is right yet, still too much stuff stored on the client and inpredictable behaviour on the server.