problem with stored procedure

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

jitsreddy
Participant

problem with stored procedure

Post by jitsreddy »

Hi all,
I have a problem with stored procedure. I have searched the whole forum but I couldn't get an answer. I was trying to use a stored procedure

create or replace procedure code_value_procedure as
code_value number(10);
begin
select code_ID into code_value from claims_transaction where claim_code=0119;
dbms_output.put_line(code_value);
end

when I executed this in oracle I was getting output as 2036(code_value). Iam getting a single column output. Actually I have to bulid my complex stored procedure on these lines. But I was having a problem with this simple procedure. So I couldn't move any further.

I imported this stored procedure into repository using the table definitions... In the colums tab of the stored procedure, I gave a colum name as code_value to capture the code_value value of the stored procedure.

Then I used the ODBC stage and checked the "stored procedure " , selected code_value_procedure, loaded the columns into it. I do not have any parameter to be passed since I don't have in arguments in my procedure.
I used ODBC -> seqfile. When I run this program my job is aborted and the error log Iam getting is "sql statement resulted in more number of required columns".
Can some one help me out
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Posting it on the DataStage forum rather than the Parallel Extender forum would be a good first step. :?
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.