Quality Stage metadata

Infosphere's Quality Product

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

James Kerrr
Participant

Quality Stage metadata

Post by James Kerrr »

Is there a way to capture quality stage metadata into DataStage or MetaStage? We are new to Quality Stage and any help is appreciated.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

DataStage can import QualityStage metadata through the Import - Plugins menu option. You will need to install the QualityStage plugin for DataStage on your server and register it in your project. When you import you define the QualityStage project and job you are importing from and it gives you a list of the input and output datafiles to that job.
timwalsh
Participant

Post by timwalsh »

I believe that this meta data sharing in bi-directional in Version 7, if you have the opportunity to use it.
vmcburney
Participant

Post by vmcburney »

I only had DataStage and QualityStage 7, no MetaStage. I was able to import QualityStage definitions into DataStage but not the other way around.

QualityStage metadata management is really bad and I've seen developers put some overlapping fields into DataFile definitions to make it easy to modify columns at a later date while retaining the correct start positions. Unfortunately DataStage does not import these overlapping columns correctly so they have to be removed.

I really wish more of the companies I work for used MetaStage but they all think they can do without it, even though they have chronic metadata management problems.