Using the Resource Registry

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

jvmerc
Participant

Using the Resource Registry

Post by jvmerc »

Haven't used the RR for anything other than CM. I want to begin using it but for someone like me the documentation is a bit scanty and I'm having a problem getting it to work. Below is what I understand. Please let me know where my gap is.

The RR is identified in both the INI file and Event Server Admin (ESA). So it appears you are allowed one '.mrc' or configuration file.

Within the Configuration file you can identify multiple Resource files.

Within the Config file the Resource files must be added to Event Server, Command Server and Global for it to work.

Within the Resource file you identify a Resource by giving it a name (used in the Event Server) define the Server level, Path +/- file name and Encryption on/off.

For items residing on the machine running event server, it's simply Localhost + path + (in our case encryption off)

In the Integration Flow Designer, for example, you would define the appropriate input/output as '%Resource Name% +/- event. Or for example '%834_In%*.834' would grab all files using extention '834' found in the path defined by resource named '834_In'.

Based on this simple understanding I can't get my non-CM resources to kick off. In the Launcher file it looks like %834_In%*.834 is replaced with the path of the mmc file.

HELP!!

jvmerc
jvmerc
Participant

Post by jvmerc »

Resolved... I missed the Run\Options setting. Seems to work fine now.

jvmerc