cXML 1.1.010 type tree for 6.0?

Formally known as "Mercator Inside Integrator 6.7", DataStage TX enables high-volume, complex transactions without the need for additional coding.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Jim Divoky
Participant

cXML 1.1.010 type tree for 6.0?

Post by Jim Divoky »

Does anyone have a valid cXML 1.1.010 type tree for 6.0? Or any idea on what needs to be done to a DTD file to have it import correctly under 6.0? Thanks.

Jim Divoky
EC Solutions, Inc.
EAI, EDI, & SAP R/3 Consultancy
PO Box 14861
Knoxville, TN 37914
330-606-6826
myggiz
Participant

Post by myggiz »

Hmm... whats the problem when importing it ?

// Roberth
Jim Divoky
Participant

Post by Jim Divoky »

I'm not certain. I may be okay now. I was mainly interested in finding out if anyone has it working. Tech Support advises the 6.0 DTD importer has known issues with White Space and other things. I removed the white space from the DTD, re-created the type tree and it appears to be okay. It analyzes successfully and I have used it in a map and extracted data.

Jim Divoky
EC Solutions, Inc.
EAI, EDI, & SAP R/3 Consultancy
PO Box 14861
Knoxville, TN 37914
330-606-6826
ballpwh
Participant

#CDATA could be problem

Post by ballpwh »

I had to modify our xCBL type tree to handle #CDATA in XML input with version 6.5. I don't know if this is fixed with later versions.

The CDATA block tells XML parsers that the data within that block does not have to be parsed. But, Mercator DTD importer adds the data elements under #DATA with character restrictions for < > & " ' which causes the map to fail. I worked around it by removing these restrictions, but this is not a proper solution.