Data warehouse site of the year

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Data warehouse site of the year

Post by kduke »

I think Ascential and maybe the other ETL companies have a contest for EDW site of the year. Maybe Kimbal or Inmon or both can judge it.

Categories:
1. Datamart design
2. ETL design
3. OLAP design
4. Quality Assurance
5. Data validation
6. Data cleansing
7. Documentation
8. Change management
9. Metadata management
10. Web intergration

I would love to see samples of things done right. Even if this was only among Ascential customers then it would still be cool. Give a trip to Europe away. I think we are all looking for better ways to do things. This would promote good ideas.

Kim.
Teej
Participant

Re: Data warehouse site of the year

Post by Teej »

kduke wrote:Give a trip to Europe away.
Hehe. Off topic, but it reminds me of the trip to AscentialWorld in Miami, Florida this year. I am an avid visitor of Dave & Busters, so naturally, I seeked out the local chain at Dolphins Mall. Dave & Busters promotes several tournaments, including Skee-ball World Championship. This year tournament was located at that Dave & Busters in Miami. However, their billboard advertisment still states:

"Win a trip to Miami!"

So I suspect that if a trip was given away for a contest like this, someone from Europe would naturally win. ;-)

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
kduke
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by kduke »

TJ

Don't ever grow up. LOL. You crack me up.

Thanks Kim.