I want PID columns to be bigger under UVSH!

Do you have features you'd like to see in future releases of DataStage, MetaStage, Parameter Manager, Version Control or one of the other tools represented on this forum? Post your ideas here!

Moderators: chulett, rschirm

Teej
Participant

I want PID columns to be bigger under UVSH!

Post by Teej »

Just the other day, we had a PID that is 7 digits long. So while using DataStage Command Language (6.0), not only does the listing of jobs (LIST.READU) list the last 5 digits, the command to list all processes (DS.TOOLS, 5, 1) would only show the last 6 digits!

Sheesh! Give me the full number so I can plunder the evil tyrants laying siege on my jobs! :-P~

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Just wait, sometimes a locked item won't have an underlying PID. So, list_readu shows you the lock, but you can't release by PID.

That's why I keep posting to unlock by USERNO, because every lock always has a USERNO. Check it out.

viewtopic.php?t=85570
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle
Teej
Participant

Post by Teej »

kcbland wrote:That's why I keep posting to unlock by USERNO, because every lock always has a USERNO. Check it out.
That feature requires root to run, while the DS.TOOLS features can be run with dsadm in the system group. Maybe it's a configuration issue that can be addressed by System Administrator for Tru64...

Another self-created rule: Do not test this feature on your own machine running NT 4.0. :) Had to do a reboot for the first time in a couple months cuz Director and Designer went crazy. :)

-T.J.
Developer of DataStage Parallel Engine (Orchestrate).
kcbland
Participant

Post by kcbland »

Here's a trick on Unix:

Go to the DS bin directory and copy the executable list_readu into an executable called unlock (works the same on NT, except it's list_readu.exe and unlock.exe). Now, you can execute list_readu from the unix command line to list locks, and you can release from the unix command line using unlock. Now, just have dsadm and/or any other userids setup in sudo to execute unlock. Problem solved. On Solaris 2.8+, you can use user roles.
Kenneth Bland

Belt: First degree black
Fight name: Captain Hook
Signature knockout: right upper cut followed by left hook
Signature submission: Crucifix combined with leg triangle