Hierarchical Stage - assembly editor doesn't save data

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

coface
Premium Member
Premium Member

Hierarchical Stage - assembly editor doesn't save data

Post by coface »

Hierarchical Stage uses a graphical interface named assembly editor. By now it is not possible to close this editor with "OK" or "CANCEL" Button. Only way to close is to close the window with "X", but then are all changes lost. The problem exists on other workstations, too.

Some days before everything worked. I assume the problem is triggered through a change on the clients, but I don't know what to look for.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Anti-virus, perhaps?

In my experience, it's not worth trying to track down anything like this. Simply reinstall the client or perhaps try a "Repair" option if available.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
alxhui
Participant

Re: Hierarchical Stage - assembly editor don't save data

Post by alxhui »

Hi coface,

I am also encountering the same problem recently. For all of our existing jobs that utilising hierarchical stage, we could not click any of button in the assembly editor. screen. I have raised this problem with IBM support and it has been acknowledged that the problem has recently arised due to windows update (KB4516115) which include fixes for adobe flash player security issue.

There is local/temp fix that you can find in IBM support website.

Regards,
Alx
coface
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by coface »

Thanks Alx, your answer solved our problem.
simc
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by simc »

Thanks guys, Glad this forum is here for common issues.

I have our "people" trying to find our customer number so I can actually get into the link to see the solution.... kinda ridiculous on IBM side to limit access to this solution.

Anyone by chance have the solution handy they can send me?

Charles
taylor.hermann
Premium Member
Premium Member

Re: Hierarchical Stage - assembly editor don't save data

Post by taylor.hermann »

alxhui wrote:There is local/temp fix that you can find in IBM support website.
Could you please post what the solution was to this? I am unable to see the support documentation on IBM's website for some reason now.