Unstructred Data cannot read from NAS path

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

artivaswani
Participant

Unstructred Data cannot read from NAS path

Post by artivaswani »

Hi,

I am reading excel file using unstructured data stage. And in our server we have mixed NAS (accessible through UNIX and Windows). There are some directories which are not NAS (non-shared). When I read the file from non-shared directory (not on NAS) the file is read and job runs without error. Although when I place the file in NAS, it gives the error:
"File doesn't exist. Specify a valid file name"

Is this a permission issue or some configuration need to be done in case of NAS. please advise.

Thanks
Arti
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

As just stated in another thread, I don't like to see posts sitting without any replies, but that's the nature of a peer-to-peer site like this. Hopefully in the interim you've either solved this or gotten some official support help. For the latter, please update your post so others with the same question have a solution.

Here I think you are firmly in the hands of your official support provider to clarify the Unstructured stage's (or their general) ability to support "mixed NAS" writes. BTW, searching to try and help on this was fun because of a plethora of topics on a rapper named Nas which needed filtering out. Yay.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
artivaswani
Participant

Post by artivaswani »

Hi Craig,

Thanks for responding. Still haven't resolved. Have taken this with Unix admin team and DS admin team.

I will post the workaround or solution whenever resolved.

Meanwhile, if someone has any solution/suggestion, I would like to try it out.