Please help ORA-01950 error in infosphere 9.1

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Pmelvin11
Participant

Please help ORA-01950 error in infosphere 9.1

Post by Pmelvin11 »

I am getting this error while running DS code and inserting records to Oracle DB. The NUID we are using to connect to Oracle DB is DS_DWOR. This NUID has DBA level accesses and still failing with the same issue highlighted in yellow below. Need your help to figure this out.

Based upon error, granted the NUIDs the following privileges:

GRANT CREATE TABLE, CREATE VIEW, CREATE TRIGGER, CREATE SEQUENCE, CREATE PROCEDURE, IMP_FULL_DATABASE to DS_DWOR,MS_DWOR,SAS_DWOR;

Unfortunately, his job is still encountering the error:

Oracle_Connector_89,0: The OCI function OCIStmtExecute returned status -1. Error code: 1950, Error message: ORA-01950: no privileges on tablespace 'DATAWAREH_PDOA'. (CC_OraStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OraStatement.cpp, line 1948)
Pmelvin11
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Don't know what exactly you mean by "DBA level access" but those grants have nothing to do with access to the underlying tablespace. To fix this I'd have a chat with my DBA but it sounds like you may be in that role? If so, look into something like:

ALTER USER QUOTA
or
GRANT UNLIMITED TABLESPACE

FYI - They would be granted to the owner of the tables, not the user trying to insert.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers