Unable to handle the Nulls

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

deesh
Participant

Unable to handle the Nulls

Post by deesh »

Hi

We are loading the data from netezza to yellowbricks but getting below error.

ODBC_Connector_15,0: ODBC function "SQLExecute" reported: SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = 3452617: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver][PostgreSQL]ERROR: invalid byte sequence for encoding "UTF8": 0x00()
ODBC function "SQLExecute" reported: SQLSTATE = HY000: Native Error Code = 3624914: Msg = [IBM(DataDirect OEM)][ODBC PostgreSQL Wire Protocol driver][PostgreSQL]Failed transaction. The current transaction rolled back. (CC_OdbcDBStatement::executeInsert, file CC_OdbcDBStatement.cpp, line 730)

source column is not null column and target also not null column, but loading data from netezza to netezza but not loading netezza to yellow bricks while using datastage.

while doing analysis showing blank in unix for the particular column, please help me out how to resolve the issue.

and the default value for the column is space ' '.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay... you've mentioned nulls and "showing blank" in the same post. Does blank mean a space or does it mean null or? They are not the same thing so need clarification. What exactly are you trying to do... send a null in Netezza as a space in Yellowbrick? Something else? :?

Also, if Yellowbrick works anything like other databases I've used, the "default" value for a column comes into play when it is not included in an insert so probably not relevant here.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
deesh
Participant

Post by deesh »

Hi,

The defualt value coming from netezza, but unidentified what it is and some times will come blank(null) and some times come withe data like '1/100 ??'.
but i need data cleanse in datastage, i used pad string and convert functions.
But unable to remove that kind of data and yellowbricks not accepting.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

The lack of details here isn't helping get you to a solution. My biggest question right now is what is your target (datatype, precision, etc.)? Knowing that might get us closer to helping getting it "cleansed" and avoiding that "invalid byte sequence" error. If you're feeling really generous, share with us details of your pad string and convert functions.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers