Datastage version 11.5 handle string with line terminator

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sforte
Participant

Datastage version 11.5 handle string with line terminator

Post by sforte »

Hi all,
Are there any news about this issue?
I am using Datastage Version 11.5 and I have to use parallel stage (in parallel job not server job) in order to load file with records in multiple lines.
It is possible with Datastage Version 11.5 handle values that contain line terminator?

Thanks,
Best Regards
Salvatore
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Still an issue but as noted you can use the Sequential File stage from a Server job in your Parallel job via a Server Shared Container.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sforte
Participant

Post by sforte »

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.
I am now working with version 11.3 but soon there will be a migration to version 11.5. In version datastage 11.5 will be used Server Shared containers?

Server Shared containers are compatible with version 11.5?

Thanks,
S.
sforte
Participant

Post by sforte »

My question is: In Datastage version 11.5 it is possible to edit/modify shared server containers?
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Their functionality has not changed, they are parallel objects that you can create that allow a Parallel job to run Server stages... with all the pros and cons that brings to the table.

Some discussion here, there are other examples.
-craig

sforte
Participant

Post by sforte »

I know that in datastage 11.5 server job with server stages can not be edited and compiled. So I don't know if I can compile shared server containers in version 11.5.

It will be possible?

Thanks,
S.
qt_ky
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by qt_ky »

Server jobs should compile successfully in any version.

Perhaps you have a local environmental problem with your setup. What error are you getting when compiling server jobs?

Is your project protected? That would prevent you from editing or compiling anything in that project.
Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life. - Confucius
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

Okay... well past time to split you out to your own post so you have control over your own destiny. Here we go.

Is this perhaps a licensing issue? Haven't kept up with everything going on in that arena so perhaps you haven't licensed Server jobs? :?

However, none of that changes the answers here to your original question.
-craig