job compilation and connector issue on newly added server

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

job compilation and connector issue on newly added server

Post by Developer9 »

Hi,
Recently ,we have added a new datastage iis server to existing WAS server.While testing the jobs on this server I am getting following errors.

1.Compile job window ..When error occurred while compiling the job,I clicked on More button ..I am not getting any response after this point..Is there any setting I need to change for this to work properly ?

2.Jobs with transformer stages have an issue with compilation rest of them no issues.How to verify the required compilers added during/after installation ?

3.Imported all the environment variables to the new server but I am getting following fatal message.

Code: Select all

Error loading connector library ccora11g.dll. The specified module could not be found. 
 (CC_LoadedConnector::loadLibrary, file CC_ConnectorFactory.cpp, line 1,536)
Do I have to install the oracle client on this new server as well ?
I searched forum and IBM documentation but none of them worked.
Please suggest me to troubleshoot these issues.

Thank you .
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

2) installing DataStage does not install any C compilers.

Your issues are complex enough to reach out to IBM support rather than armchair quarterbacks on DSXchange. :)
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

Thanks PaulVL for the response ..I have created PMRs for these issues and waiting on the support responses.
mouthou
Participant

Post by mouthou »

While you are connecting with IBM support as per Paul suggestion, there is one verification you can perform among the exported/imported environment variables as in #3.

There are some APT variables defined for compilers like APT_COMPILER which you can see in Admin client. You can cross check those variable values with the physical paths on the server, permissions of the files there etc. We had such typical issue with the transformer compilation alone and upon checking that section, it gave us a clue to rectify the problem.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

After doing some research found that required components are missing

For #1 &#2 ,Installed Visual Studio /C++ components
For #3 ,Installed Oracle client on the same datastage server and placed tnsnames.ora file on the network location.

With above changes the issues resolved .Thank you for all responses .
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

When adding the Oracle paths to your DSENV setup, please be aware that you need to make sure that you append the oracle client paths to PATH and not to stick them in the front of PATH.

export PATH=$PATH:/yourOraclePathHere

and not

export PATH=/yourOraclePathHere:$PATH

Oracle client has a binary called osh.

Sooo... ya... you will be hurting if you do it the wrong way around.
Developer9
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Developer9 »

@PaulVL,

In Windows,instead used Control Panel >System >Advanced system settings >Environment Variables .I created new entries by copying variables from existing server .So Finally its working :D