Multiple Repetitions in XML

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

yugee
Participant

Multiple Repetitions in XML

Post by yugee »

Hello,

I know there are many posts related to this topic, but all of them are with older versions. My question is more around any better way to do this in latest versions.

Issue. I have a huge XML file from a 3rd party application which has more than 30 repetition elements. I need to load all these records into a table. One way is to handle these 30 repetition elements as different XML outputs. But is there any other way to generate the multiple output records?
eostic
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by eostic »

Repetition Element is merely an "indicator".....for an element in the "deepest node that you care about" and that "reliably" always exists in the document.

That element controls whether the Stage thinks that the node is "missing" or "present", and defines the lowest level node for which you want "rows" retrieved on the link.

Having "30" of them is certainly possible...but would only be important inthe context where you might have 30 separate paths thru the single document and thus 30 links.....there is only one repetition element per link.

is that what you have? ...or is this something different?

...and how big is "big"?

Ernie
Ernie Ostic

blogit!
<a href="https://dsrealtime.wordpress.com/2015/0 ... ere/">Open IGC is Here!</a>