Logic

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Logic

Post by sainath »

Hi
I have input data with n fields

I have requirement that if there is change in input
Data then recordupdate date = current date else recordupdatedate

What is best approach. I thought of using funnel stage and compare string in transformer. Let me know any other better approach

Thks
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

I honestly have no idea what your requirements are here. Rather than guess, would it be possible to post some examples of the input data and then examples of what the output data should look like after the application of your... logic?
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
sainath
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by sainath »

Hi

Sorry for not clear in requirements

1) if before Data set data is equal to After dataset then Record_update_date=currenttimestamp ----day 1
2) if before Data set data is equal to After dataset then Record_update_date=same timestamp as day 1 ----day 2
3) if before Data set data is not equal to After dataset means some change in data then Record_update_date=currenttimestamp ---day 3
3) if before Data set data is equal to After dataset means no change in data then Record_update_date=sametimestamp (day 3) --
and soo on

what is the best stage .

if I use CDC stage then all the after records are populated to changed dataset.if the change code -3 or 1 then how can I apply logic for record_update_date.

please let me know
ray.wurlod
Participant

Post by ray.wurlod »

Try using a Change Capture stage. Test the change_code downstream in a Transformer stage and derive the output accordingly.
IBM Software Services Group
Any contribution to this forum is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect any position that IBM may hold.