Need to get Object list from Package (.pkg) file

A forum for discussing DataStage<sup>®</sup> basics. If you're not sure where your question goes, start here.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

amit.jaiswal_ATL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Need to get Object list from Package (.pkg) file

Post by amit.jaiswal_ATL »

Hello All,

For deployment automation and source code management I need to extract the object list from the DataStage package. Is there any option to achieve it?

Another question - Is there any server side CLI available in 11.3+ to compile the dsx file on UNIX server?

Thanks in advance.
Amit Jaiswal
Atlanta GA USA
mouthou
Participant

Post by mouthou »

What do you mean by DataStage package? Do you have list exported already. DataStage package means isx kind of packages here, so needing more clarity.

Again your other question needs clarity too. With my implicit understanding, yes the compilation can be automated on JOBS and not on DSX file. If you supply the job name one after another to the command/script, it will be compiled (you can use the same list which you used to automate the export and import it somewhere)
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

We don't use packages here, we simply use isx files. Here is what I do to get a list of what the ISX contains.

shell script command:

jobList=`$DSHOME/../../Clients/istools/cli/istool.sh import -domain $host:$port -authfile /$userName/.datastage.authfile -archive $isxFile -preview -datastage "$host/$project" | grep "\[" | rev | cut -d "/" -f1 | rev | cut -d "." -f1`

Works for me.
I then pump that array into a few checks for ensuring the objects are not locked or running prior to loading. Ever try loading a job that is currently running... bad day ahead for your admin. That's for sure.
chulett
Charter Member
Charter Member

Post by chulett »

You might want to try an exact search here for "deploy package", there are 17 results and perhaps some of them might help.
-craig

"You can never have too many knives" -- Logan Nine Fingers
Mike
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by Mike »

Totally unsupported hack...

But the .pkg package file actually contains an XML document for the build manifest.

In case you care to pursue using that build manifest...

The .pkg file is simply a compressed archive file. You can rename it as a .zip and uncompress it. You'll see something like Manifest_Build1.MF in a directory like _META-INFS_. This .MF file is an XML document that lists everything in the package build.

Mike
amit.jaiswal_ATL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by amit.jaiswal_ATL »

Hi PaulVL,

Thanks for the info. I tried your below command with correct values but getting error : Untyped Exception: entry

jobList=`$DSHOME/../../Clients/istools/cli/istool.sh import -domain $host:$port -authfile /$userName/.datastage.authfile -archive $isxFile -preview -datastage "$host/$project" | grep "\[" | rev | cut -d "/" -f1 | rev | cut -d "." -f1`

Can you please help ?

Thanks,
Amit Jaiswal
Atlanta GA USA
PaulVL
Premium Member
Premium Member

Post by PaulVL »

Well, like I said, I use an ISX file not a package.

I also don't have enough info as to how you had set up your environment.

Do you have a funcation authfile?

message me privately with the full command syntax you are using.

Send me the full error message as well.