Hierarchical stage: Error 500 using Recursive to List

Post questions here relative to DataStage Enterprise/PX Edition for such areas as Parallel job design, Parallel datasets, BuildOps, Wrappers, etc.

Moderators: chulett, rschirm, roy

Salegueule
Participant

Hierarchical stage: Error 500 using Recursive to List

Post by Salegueule »

Hi,

When using the Hierarchical Data stage Assembly Editor, in the Document Root tab, I am getting kicked out of the Assembly Editor when I try to set "Rec Xml" parsing to "Recursive To List". It displays the following error message:

CDIUI2601E An unrecoverable error has occurred. Method 'setStepProperty' failure. Server https://our_serverdomain.com:9443 request URI is: '/ibm/iis/ds/xmlpack3rest/assemblies/context-assembly/steps/Op-19/property'. Error condition is 'Error 500 : '. Client session ID is 'clientid-10.121.195.52-2018.11.20_18.42.22.438'.
The application must exit.
For more information, see log file 'System.out'.

I have been successful preparing dataset outputs with other jobs that use the same XSD - XML document combination. I am only getting the problem when trying to set the "Recursive To List" parsing option.

Could it have to do with some missing configuration? Certificate or access missing?

Thanks.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

Hmm - I've used the stage a lot and never had that happen, so I don't recognize the error. It looks like it can't find the properties file in WebSphere that supports that option. Have you used that option on any other jobs?

Since I can't give you specific recommendations, let's try a shotgun approach to resolving the issue, or at least determining if it is job related or systemic.

1) First and foremost - have the DataStage Admin (or WebSphere Admin if you have one) check the WebSphere SystemOut log. It's usually easier if you recreate the failure a few minutes before they check the log, so it is easy to spot the errors at the end of the log. If you can get that, please post the relevant errors here.

2) Check for job corruption.
- The "cheap" method that fixes corruption about 50% of the time is to rename the job, rename it back, and try again.
- The only way to be 100% sure there is no corruption is to have a Datastage Admin run SyncProject. That requires project downtime with everyone to be out of the project and nothing running.
- If you can't get a SyncProject, you can try recreating the job from scratch. Note - pasting stages from a corrupt job can paste the corruption!

3) Talk to your Admin about running ISALite to validate your installation. They will need to run the General Diagnostic Health Checker as root.
https://www.ibm.com/support/knowledgece ... shtng.html
The output from the tool might be required if you go to step 4...

4) If all else fails, raise a ticket with your Customer Service provider. They'll definitely need the SystemOut log, the job and job log, the Version.xml and may request the ISALite files.
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
Salegueule
Participant

Post by Salegueule »

1) Errors:

Code: Select all

[11/21/18 13:28:31:476 EST] 000000d3 ServletWrappe I com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper init SRVE0242I: [isclite] [/ibm/console] [/secure/tiles/contextScopeTile.jsp]: Initialization successful.
[11/21/18 13:28:31:514 EST] 000000d3 ServletWrappe I com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper init SRVE0242I: [isclite] [/ibm/console] [/secure/layouts/collectionTableLayout.jsp]: Initialization successful.
[11/21/18 13:33:06:852 EST] 0000009d Servlet       E   <Null Message>
                                 java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
	at sun.reflect.GeneratedMethodAccessor995.invoke(Unknown Source)
	at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:56)
	at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:620)
	at com.ibm.iis.isf.binding.rest2.runtime.Servlet.callOperation(Servlet.java:601)
	at com.ibm.iis.isf.binding.rest2.runtime.Servlet.processRequest(Servlet.java:504)
	at com.ibm.iis.isf.binding.rest2.runtime.Servlet.doRequest(Servlet.java:399)
	at com.ibm.iis.isf.binding.rest2.runtime.Servlet.doPost(Servlet.java:322)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:668)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.service(ServletWrapper.java:1235)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:779)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapper.handleRequest(ServletWrapper.java:478)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.servlet.ServletWrapperImpl.handleRequest(ServletWrapperImpl.java:178)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.invokeTarget(WebAppFilterChain.java:136)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:97)
	at com.ibm.iis.isf.security.SessionServletFilter.doFilter(SessionServletFilter.java:522)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.FilterInstanceWrapper.doFilter(FilterInstanceWrapper.java:195)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterChain.doFilter(WebAppFilterChain.java:91)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.doFilter(WebAppFilterManager.java:967)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.filter.WebAppFilterManager.invokeFilters(WebAppFilterManager.java:1107)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebApp.handleRequest(WebApp.java:3923)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.webapp.WebGroup.handleRequest(WebGroup.java:304)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WebContainer.handleRequest(WebContainer.java:986)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.WSWebContainer.handleRequest(WSWebContainer.java:1662)
	at com.ibm.ws.webcontainer.channel.WCChannelLink.ready(WCChannelLink.java:200)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleDiscrimination(HttpInboundLink.java:463)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.handleNewRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:530)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpInboundLink.processRequest(HttpInboundLink.java:316)
	at com.ibm.ws.http.channel.inbound.impl.HttpICLReadCallback.complete(HttpICLReadCallback.java:88)
	at com.ibm.ws.ssl.channel.impl.SSLReadServiceContext$SSLReadCompletedCallback.complete(SSLReadServiceContext.java:1818)
	at com.ibm.ws.tcp.channel.impl.AioReadCompletionListener.futureCompleted(AioReadCompletionListener.java:175)
	at com.ibm.io.async.AbstractAsyncFuture.invokeCallback(AbstractAsyncFuture.java:217)
	at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncChannelFuture.fireCompletionActions(AsyncChannelFuture.java:161)
	at com.ibm.io.async.AsyncFuture.completed(AsyncFuture.java:138)
	at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.complete(ResultHandler.java:204)
	at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler.runEventProcessingLoop(ResultHandler.java:775)
	at com.ibm.io.async.ResultHandler$2.run(ResultHandler.java:905)
	at com.ibm.ws.util.ThreadPool$Worker.run(ThreadPool.java:1881)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
	at com.ibm.e2.xml.reader.XMLReaderRecursiveTypeAction.relationalizeRecursiveTypeAction(XMLReaderRecursiveTypeAction.java:116)
	at com.ibm.e2.xml.reader.XMLReaderRecursiveTypeAction.handleRelationalizeRecursiveTypeAction(XMLReaderRecursiveTypeAction.java:77)
	at com.ibm.e2.xml.reader.XMLReaderUtils.modifyFormalSchema(XMLReaderUtils.java:413)
	at com.ibm.e2.xml.reader.XMLReaderUtils.addXMLParserActions(XMLReaderUtils.java:382)
	at com.ibm.e2.xml.reader.XMLReaderUtils.applyActions(XMLReaderUtils.java:317)
	at com.ibm.e2.providers.xml.XMLProviderOperator.getResourceDescription(XMLProviderOperator.java:213)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.frames.UserPreRuntimeOperatorFrame.getResourceDescription(UserPreRuntimeOperatorFrame.java:173)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.frames.AbstractPreRuntimeOperatorFrame.handleResources(AbstractPreRuntimeOperatorFrame.java:420)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.frames.AbstractPreRuntimeOperatorFrame.getOutputResources(AbstractPreRuntimeOperatorFrame.java:956)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.MetadataInductionEngine.resourceSchemaCleanup(MetadataInductionEngine.java:670)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.MetadataInductionEngine.cleanUp(MetadataInductionEngine.java:549)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.MetadataInductionEngine.cleanUpFlowGraph(MetadataInductionEngine.java:316)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.compilation.MetadataInductionEngine.run(MetadataInductionEngine.java:105)
	at com.ibm.e2.core.framework.frames.AbstractE2Process.doSchemaProp(AbstractE2Process.java:154)
	at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.validate(AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.java:1735)
	at com.ibm.e2.providers.xml.input.parallel.XMLParallelParserInputConfiguration.configureEpilogue(XMLParallelParserInputConfiguration.java:102)
	at com.ibm.e2.providers.xml.AbstractXMLProviderConfiguration.configure(AbstractXMLProviderConfiguration.java:82)
	at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.UIOperatorPropertyHandler.updateOperatorProperty(UIOperatorPropertyHandler.java:108)
	at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.AbstractUIOperator.updateOperatorProperty(AbstractUIOperator.java:606)
	at com.ibm.e2.providers.xml.input.AbstractXMLInputUIOperator.updateOperatorProperty(AbstractXMLInputUIOperator.java:135)
	at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.api.ui.service.impl.AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.updateOperatorProperty(AbstractAssemblyInterfaceImpl.java:736)
	at com.ibm.e2.services.beans.pojo.AssemblyEdit.updateOperatorProperty(AssemblyEdit.java:999)
	at com.ibm.e2.services.beans.pojo.AssemblyEditBean.updateOperatorProperty(AssemblyEditBean.java:516)
	at com.ibm.e2.applications.wisd.model.local.LocalAssemblyEditInterface.updateOperatorProperty(LocalAssemblyEditInterface.java:370)
	... 38 more
2) I have rebuild the job from scratch and got the same error.
asorrell

Post by asorrell »

You didn't answer one of my questions - have you used this option before in another job?

I'd recommend proceed to step 4...

The "Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException" message seems to indicate that something didn't install correctly.

I'd say it is time to open a ticket...
Andy Sorrell
Certified DataStage Consultant
IBM Analytics Champion 2009 - 2020
Salegueule
Participant

Hierarchical Data Method failure

Post by Salegueule »

Hi Andy,

No. We haven't used this option in other jobs. We will open a ticket.

Thanks.